Forgiven and Freed
Presbyterian women understand that only through Christ are we forgiven and freed. Our mission and purpose is to glorify God by:
Nurturing our faith through prayer and Bible study
Working for justice and peace
Building an inclusive caring community of women
Supporting the mission of the church worldwide
Led by a
Coordinating Team (CT), Presbyterian women have several
gatherings a year plus monthly circle meetings and Bible studies. As a group, we support
Presbyterian women in the Presbytery of Detroit (PWPD), Second Mile
Center and other mission projects inside and outside our church.
Presbyterian Women Winter Gathering
Circles and Studies
- Rebekah's Circle - Meets the first Saturday of the month at 9:00 am. We do Bible studies and prepare meals for various groups at the church.
- Lydia-Martha Mary Circle - Meets the third Thursday of the month at 1:00 pm. This year, we participated in the Thursday morning Bible study, worked at the Silent Auction and the Cookie Walk and other projects.
- Lamkin PW Bible Study - This Bible study meets on Thursdays from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. in the North Parlor of First Presbyterian Church of Dearborn. We are studying our spiritual gifts, “Discovering God’s Vision For Your Life.” Anyone can join in at any time through out the study. We will be starting a study on PRAYER in April with the Women of Faith Bible Study, "Adventurous Prayer." Come and join us for lively discussion as we deepen our relationship with Jesus through the study of His Word. Visit our blog for a review of this study and to discuss current PW events!!
- March -Mission Sewing Gathering
- September through May - Every Thursday morning we sponsor a Bible study
- October - Donation of items to PWPD Mission Sewing, and Silent Auction in conjunction with the Treasure Chest Rummage Sale
- November - Galleria & Cookie Walk